Knowledge is the key to success; we're here to shape the future together! Because we all are the future! 🚀
Tiga Healthcare Technologies Newsletter
Stay updated with the latest news and trends in the healthcare IT industry, as we bring you valuable insights.
Digitalization of Healthcare: January Newsletter
Welcome to the latest issue of our monthly newsletter, a vital tool for professionals in healthcare IT. In our current edition, we explore the dynamic realms of health IT, offering a rich content of insights and expertise:
- Industry News: We analyze the field's most significant developments, policy changes and influential stories
- Enlightening Podcasts: You will discover our selection of engaging podcasts featuring industry leaders and specialists discussing the latest trends, addressing key challenges and highlighting innovations in healthcare IT. These episodes are more than discussions; they are a valuable source of knowledge for busy professionals like you.
- Interactive Seminars: You can enhance your skills with upcoming interactive seminars. These sessions are more than just lectures; they are comprehensive learning experiences aimed at deepening your understanding and honing your abilities in crucial aspects of healthcare IT, from data analytics mastery to navigating patient privacy and security.
- Book and Article Recommendations: You can explore a world of knowledge with selected books and insightful articles on healthcare IT.
Our mission? To provide you with all-encompassing, advanced insights and updates, ensuring you're consistently ahead in the ever-changing, transformative field of healthcare IT.
OUR LATEST POSTS ✍️
- We explained how this year is about breaking barriers, advancing wellness and delivering technology that empowers healthcare authorities, professionals and patients.
- We talked about RehaBeat, the innovative exergaming solution and Eurostar project, revolutionizes the rehabilitation process.
- We examined a critical study titled 'Estimating the attributable cost of physician burnout in the United States,' Han S, Shanafelt TD, Sinsky CA and colleagues shed light on the severe consequences of physician burnout, revealing an annual burden of 4.6 billion dollars to the healthcare system due to physician turnover and reduced work hours.
- We explained how our Aggregation Management System in DrugXafe is an innovative solution and designed to improve healthcare operations and patient safety by focusing primarily on pharmaceutical logistics.
- We introduced you to our latest work within the Eurostar project: Exergaming EmoCargo from our research and development team.
- We are looking an experienced Project Manager to lead projects and drive success in our Doha, Qatar office.
- We explained how we recognize the power of diversity as the key to our success.
- We asked ‘Which feature is the most crucial for you in a PHR system?’ to our followers.
- We depicted how the integration of IT into healthcare marks a significant shift towards a more interconnected, efficient and patient-centered system.
- We launched our exclusive training program: Effective Instructional Techniques for SMEs!
- Boston Consulting Group forecasts major digital health advances in 2024. In their latest report, 'The Future of Digital Health,' Boston Consulting Group (BCG) predicts significant advancements in digital health technologies for 2024. Key areas of progress include at-home care, women’s health and mental well-being. The report highlights the rise of wearable devices, virtual hospital wards and remote diagnostics, revolutionizing how doctors interact with patients. In women's health, data-driven companies are expected to provide integrated care pathways. Additionally, the report anticipates more specialized mental health solutions, leveraging digital tools. The role of GenAI in areas like drug development and consumer billing is also expected to grow, marking a transformative year in healthcare. Read more.
- The blockchain technology in healthcare market, as reported by the market.us, the Blockchain Technology in Healthcare Market report, is expected to undergo significant growth, reaching an estimated $750B by 2033 from $3.9B in 2023. This represents a 69.2% annual growth rate. Blockchain technology promises a major transformation in healthcare, offering solutions to current challenges like data breaches, inefficient record sharing, and insecure supply chains. Read more.
- China's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology has launched a work plan for IT and communications sectors to develop digital healthcare technology tailored for the elderly. This initiative responds to China's rapidly aging population. The plan, distributed to government departments, state-owned telecom companies and other stakeholders, aims to establish standards for senior-friendly healthcare technology, improve service access and experience and promote a balanced tech ecosystem. It focuses on enhancing Internet safety for seniors, increasing online service accessibility and expanding 5G in rural areas. Additionally, it encourages the development of smart health management and aged care products, offering discounts on telecommunications services for the elderly and fostering collaborations to secure patents for senior-friendly healthcare technologies. This move is crucial as China's over-60 population is projected to rise significantly, impacting the old-age dependency ratio. Read more.
- Indonesia is expanding its robotic telesurgery project in collaboration with Iran, aiming to connect the western and eastern islands of the country, covering a distance of 3,500 kilometers. This initiative, involving key hospitals such as Haji Adam Malik Central General Hospital in North Sumatra and Dr Wahidin Sudirohusodo Makassar in Sulawesi, enhances telemedicine access, especially in remote areas. The project, supported by the Ministry of Health and the Iranian government, focuses on improving healthcare quality by offering remote surgical services. Benefits include reduced travel for patients, increased surgical precision and lower infection rates. Read more.
- China is reinforcing its commitment to smart medicine with the establishment of the CR-BU Joint Innovation Centre on Smart Chinese Medicine, a collaborative effort between Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU) and China Resources Research Institute of Science and Technology. This center aims to standardize and internationalize Chinese medicine, focusing initially on a chronic disease management system. This system will track patients' medical journeys, providing detailed medical histories to practitioners and valuable data for researchers. Read more.
PODCAST SUGGESTIONS 🎧
- Faces of Digital Health - How to Get Patient Feedback That Is Actionable
- This Week Health - Keynote: Practical AI In Healthcare
- Healthcare IT Today - 2024 Healthcare IT Predictions
ARTICLE & BOOK SUGGESTIONS 📚
- A sociotechnical framework to assess patient-facing eHealth tools: results of a modified Delphi process. by Christine Jacob, Johan Lindeque, Roman Müller, et al.
- Existing Barriers Faced by and Future Design Recommendations for Direct-to-Consumer Health Care Artificial Intelligence Apps: Scoping Review by He X, Zheng X, Ding H.
- Cognitive science in the evaluation of medical AI systems. BMJ Health Care Inform. by Vimla L. Patel.
- Can ChatGPT provide intelligent diagnoses? A comparative study between predictive models and ChatGPT to define a new medical diagnostic bot by Loredana Caruccio, Stefano Cirillo, Giuseppe Polese, Giandomenico Solimando, Shanmugam Sundaramurthy, Genoveffa Tortora.
WEBINARS AND SEMINARS ✈️
- 29 January-1 February 2024 - Arab Health - Dubai, UAE, Dubai World Trade Center
- 20 February – 22 February - Tokyo Big Sight - Tokyo, Japan
- 18 March -20 March 2024 - Bio Europe Spring – Barcelona, Spain
- 19-21 March 2024 - Infarma – Madrid, Spain
- 24 April – 25 April 2024 - Digital Healthcare Show – London, UK
- 8 May -10 May 2024 - Bio Korea - Seoul, Korea
- 15 May -17 May 2024 – KIHE - Almaty, Kazakhstan
DON'T MISS AN ISSUE! CLICK 'SUBSCRIBE' NOW! 🔔
Stay updated with industry insights, articles and valuable tips by subscribing to our page.
For even more engaging discussions, networking opportunities and valuable insights, connect with us on LinkedIn.